What is Workflow in salesforce or Why use?
workflow is an automated process rule. This rule to perform when a record created and edited to check the specific criteria.
What is Immediate Workflow Actions ?
1. New Task Create 10
2. Field Update 10
3. Email Alert 10
4. Outbound Messages 10
What is Time Dependent Work Flow?
Time-dependent actions that queue when a record matches the criteria, and execute according to time triggers. For example, salesforce.com can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open ten days before the close date.
Time Dependent Work flow does not follow the every time a record is created or edited workflow Evaluate Rule.
What is Approval Process?
Approvals are complex business processes this rule to perform when a record approve or Rejected to Hierarchal Role User to check the special Criteria. To create a new approval process, click Create New Approval Process then select Use Jump Start Wizard to set up your approval process in a few short steps. Or, select Use Standard Wizard to configure all approval options.
Approval Process Step type:-
1. Initial Submission Action
2. Final Approval Action
3. Final Rejections Action
4. Recall Actions
What is Validation Rules?
Validation rules help improves data quality by preventing users from saving incorrect data. You can define one or more validation rules that consist of an error condition and corresponding error message. Validation rules are executed at record save time. If an error condition is met, the save is aborted and an error message displayed.
1. Make fields conditionally required, depending on the value of another field.
2. Ensure that numbers are within a specified range, such as discount is less than 30%.
3. Enforce that date fields are the correct chronological sequence, such as start date is before end date
What is Workflow Evaluate Rule ?
1. When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.
2. Only when a record is created.
3. Every time a record is created or edited.